Driving Rules - Road Safety Awareness
• Obey Traffic Lights/Signals
• Always follow road sign especially mandatory road signs (signs in circle shape)
• A valid driving license is required and must.
• Minimum driving age is 18 years.
• Use of mobile while driving is prohibited
• Seat belt is mandatory for driver
• Seat belt is mandatory for person seating at front seat
• Helmet is mandatory for motorcycle riding.
• Follow speed standard/limit
• Driving under the influence of alcohol or drug is prohibited
• Follow Lane discipline
• Do not change more than one lane once.
• Red signal crossing is prohibited
• Left hand driving- keep to the left of the road
• Overtaking from right hand side
• Give proper signal while changing lane
• Turning without signal is prohibited
• Overloading is prohibited
• Stop before the stop line
• Stopping on zebra-crossing is prohibited
• Use of high beam light is illegal
• Display plate L if you are learner
• If the center line is continuous/unbroken then overtaking not allowed
• Broken white lines mean overtaking allowed
• Single yellow lines mean parking not allowed
• Double yellow line means stopping not allowed
• Overtaking not allowed at bend/curve/bridge
• Give way to traffic coming from hand side.
• Use of horn is prohibited near school/hospital/masjid